Apologies for the hiatus in postings– had to take a break from blogging to get caught up on things at the day job 🙂
Still to come: an overview of Points of Alignment — but in other news:
- Olive Braiden is stepping down as Chair of the Arts Council
- Another three year Arts Council initiative is in the works for the traditional arts
- Another pamphlet was published in the AC’s ‘Value of the Arts’ series, this time written by Kevin Whelan: Between filiation and affiliation: the space of art. The essay trots out the usual references to Ricoeur, Arendt, and Benjamin in its comments on the ‘fusion of art and memory’, but appears to have very little to do with the prompt of the series (but then I’m not a fan of Ricoeur, who in my opinion mistakes verbiage for insight– not entirely dissimilar from this essay…)
- A new director of the Model : Niland centre was announced
- I was digging this article on the future of the humanities in the Wilson Quarterly — these issues preoccupy us here at UCD a lot these days…
- … and thinking that Christopher Hitchens goes pretty far to prove a point about waterboarding…
- … and marvelling at Chanel and Zaha Hadid’s chutzpah with their latest ‘artistic’ project to be launched in Central Park, NY…
- … and in completely unrelated arts management news, wondering if my blog is at all necessary, seeing as how I’ve discovered this one.
Thanks also to everyone at the conference who had nice things to say about the blog– I’ll try not to let y’all down!
One thought on “Back again!”
Thanks so much for the link! Keep up the blog – it sure looks an interesting look at the arts from a different angle…
Comments are closed.