Come work with us! I’m happy to announce we have begun recruitment of a new, permanent, half-time Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Arts Management and Cultural Policy. We’re looking for an academic to join our staff with expertise in management or arts management, who will contribute to running the MA in Arts Management & Cultural Policy, one of the longest-running and most successful MAs of its kind in Ireland and Europe. Candidates must have a PhD or be close to completion. Salary is €33,148 – €58,178 (0.5 FTE, below the bar). As outlined in the job spec, the duties of the successful candidate will include, but will not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Undertaking and publishing high quality research and scholarship in their areas of specialism.
- Playing an active role in the School’s research activities.
- Contributing actively to teaching programmes as directed by both the Director and the Head of School. This will involve module design and delivery, examination and assessment, quality assurance and enhancement, and associated administration.
- Working across a number of modules to develop students’ understanding of the theory and practice of management
- Supervising research dissertations
- Participating on school/college committees and boards.
- Undertaking such other appropriate duties consistent with the contract of employment.
Deadline is 21 August 2018.
Full details of the post, and the method of application, can be found here: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/ (apologies for the clunky HR interface – just search under Art History & Cultural Policy).
I’m away on annual leave at the minute, but should you have questions about the role, please contact my colleague Pat Cooke.
p.s. the general jobs page has been updated for August!