I’m delighted to announce we’ve just published the latest volume of the Irish Journal of Arts Management and Cultural Policy. It’s a special issue featuring the edited proceedings of the 2014 summer conference on ‘Mapping an Altered Landscape: Cultural Policy and Management in Ireland‘. Guest edited by Dr Niamh NicGhabhann from University of Limerick, it features contributions from a range of speakers on the day, who offer candid and contemporary views of the cultural sector and public finance, the role of local authorities, policy, the working lives of artists, and a range of other topics. The journal also features introductory essays by Niamh and conference organisers Pat Cooke and Kerry McCall, as well as a postscript by former Minister for Education Ruari Quinn.
- Gerry Godley (Principal & Managing Director, Leeds College of Music)
- Clare Duignan (Independent Director & Business Advisor)
- Peter Hynes (Chief Executive, Mayo County Council)
- Alan Counihan (Artist)
- Mary Carty (Entrepreneur, Arts Consultant, Author)
- Conor Newman (Chair, Heritage Council)
- Ruari Quinn (Minister for Education and Skills, 2011-14)