Vacancy: Assistant Editor, Irish Journal of Arts Management & Cultural Policy (www.culturalpolicy.ie) (temporary; part-time)
School of Art History & Cultural Policy, University College Dublin
Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
The Irish Journal of Arts Management and Cultural Policy (www.culturalpolicy.ie) is a peer-reviewed, open access e-journal publishing original research on the arts and cultural sector in Ireland. An initiative sponsored by School of Art History and Cultural Policy, University College Dublin (UCD) and Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology (IADT), it seeks to provide a readable and engaging discussion of recent arts management and cultural policy research for academics and practitioners, encourage new research directions in the sector and offer a platform for aspiring researchers and writers. The Journal’s aims include to:
- Disseminate high quality, recent academic research on all aspects of Irish arts management and cultural policy in an accessible, dynamic and professionally designed format
- Serve as an educational resource for arts management and cultural policy professionals, and students studying related topics
- Support the skill development of professionals working in the arts and cultural sector
- Encourage debate on topical issues related to arts and cultural management/policy
- Support and grow a vibrant Irish research community, allowing for the exchange of ideas and promoting research collaborations between individuals and organizations
Articles published by the Journal span the following areas:
- cultural policy
- arts and cultural management
- cultural tourism and the creative industries
- cultural economics and finance
- heritage and museum studies
- arts education
- governance and administration
- arts marketing
- audience development and participation
- philanthropy / fundraising
- cultural production / consumption
The project is edited and managed by an editorial team of academics, with further input from its international advisory board.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest in the role of Assistant Editor for Issue 2 of IJAMCP. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in editing and online publishing, and would be especially suitable for recent graduates (or current PhDs) of postgraduate programmes in related disciplines.
Working in conjunction with the Editorial Board, the Assistant Editor will be responsible for assistance with copy editing, administration tasks, correspondence and online editing/layout. This is a flexible, part-time, and temporary project role which is unpaid, but carries a stipend of €500. Running from May 2014-May 2015, the time commitment is variable but will be approximately 3-5 hours weekly. Bi-monthly meetings in Dublin will be required, but otherwise the candidate may be based anywhere.
Candidates should possess:
- a postgraduate qualification in Arts Management, Cultural Policy or a related field
- demonstrated research achievement and strong knowledge of the Irish cultural sector
- strong working knowledge of word processing software and ability to quickly learn online content management systems
- attention to detail and excellent editing/writing skills
- ability to work independently and with access to own laptop/computer
Please forward on a CV and cover letter expressing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 25 April 2014.