As part of the Editorial Board of the Irish Journal of Arts Management & Cultural Policy, I’m pleased to share details of our new format and deadlines for the 2018 issue!
The review of the Journal (which followed publication of our first four issues, 2014-17) was prompted by our desire to provide a more diverse, representative and inclusive platform for academics and emerging researchers, those involved in both creative and management practice in the cultural sector, and policymakers, to engage with questions of policy and management on cultural issues across the island of Ireland.
While maintaining our existing commitment to publishing original academic research papers, the new policy seeks to highlight emerging research from the wealth of student work at MA level on the island, and provide an opportunity for cultural managers, practitioners and policymakers to reflect on policies and practices shaping the cultural sector here.
Under our revised policy, therefore, we will be maintaining:
- Our core commitment to publishing academic papers based on peer-reviewed original research
- A Book Review section, with some revised guidelines
And introducing three new sections:
- Policy and Report Reviews: reviews and reflections on recent policy and reports published in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Perspectives on Practice: a section showcasing current practice in arts management, heritage management and cultural policy
- New Voices: Postgraduate Research: a new section devoted to short summary articles summarising original postgraduate research work at master’s level and above
Proposals for special issues of the journal are also always welcome.
We now invite submissions for the 2018 issue of IJAMCP:
|Section||Word count||Submission Deadline|
|Research Articles||4,000-5,000||1 March 2018|
|Book Reviews||1,000-2,5000||1 June 2018|
|Policy & Report Reviews||1,000-3,000||1 June 2018|
|Perspectives on Practice||1,000-3,000||1 March 2018 for proposals to designated editor, final texts 27 April 2018|
|New Voices: Postgraduate Research||2,000-3,000||1 March 2018|
Detailed information about submission to each section is available at: http://www.culturalpolicy.ie/index.php/ijamcp/about/editorialPolicies
For further enquiries, please contact the corresponding Section Editor:
|Research articles||Emily Mark-FitzGeraldemail@example.com|
|Book reviews||Niamh NicGhabhannfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Policy reviews||Victoria Durreremail@example.com|
|Perspectives on Practice||Ali FitzGibbonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Voices: Postgraduate Research||Pat Cookeemail@example.com|
|General enquiries||Laura Ryan (Assistant Editor)||firstname.lastname@example.org|