The Editorial Board of the Irish Journal of Arts Management & Cultural Policy would like to invite applications for the temporary, part-time role of Assistant Editor for Issue 4 of the journal.
Download role spec (or continue reading below…)
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in editing and online publishing, and would be especially suitable for recent graduates (or current PhDs) of postgraduate programmes in related disciplines. Working in conjunction with the Editorial Board, the Assistant Editor will be responsible for assistance with online editing/layout, copy-editing, administration tasks and correspondence. This is a flexible, part-time, and temporary project role which carries a stipend of €500 (subject to tax at source). Running for one calendar year, the time commitment is variable but will be approximately 3-5 hours weekly during busier periods. Quarterly meetings in Dublin will be required, but otherwise the candidate may be based anywhere. Travel expenses are not provided.
Candidates should possess:
- a postgraduate qualification in Arts Management, Cultural Policy or a related field
- demonstrated research achievement and strong knowledge of the Irish cultural sector
- strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Google Docs and ability to quickly learn online content management systems
- strong working knowledge of InDesign (essential!)
- attention to detail and excellent editing/writing skills
- ability to work independently and with access to own laptop/computer
Please forward on a CV and cover letter expressing your interest in the role to email@example.com by Tuesday 5 April 2016. We are happy to answer any further questions about the role or time commitment involved.